Archive for November 26th, 2012
The Freedom From Religion Foundation
Metropolitan Chicago Chapter (FFRFMCC) is the
Chicago chapter of the national Freedom From Religion
Foundation (FFRF), based in Madison, Wisconsin.
The purpose of the FFRFMCC is to:
- Protect the constitutional principle of separation of state and church
- Educate the public on matters relating to non-theism
- Act as a social organization for freethinkers to meet, gather and converse with other like-minded individuals
- Coordinate community service and charity work and create partnerships with secular-based charitable organizations/foundations
- Work to encourage atheists, agnostics and skeptics to be open about their non-belief
If you have any comments or suggestions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest.
Keep Current with FFRF
and FFRFMCC News
Wave 3 of the Chicago FFRF “Out-of-the-Closet” Billboard Campaign Is Now Appearing in Chicago!
The final seven of 21 total billboards created by the FFRFMCC featuring area freethinkers encouraging other non-theists to more open about their non-belief were erected for another 4-week flight beginning March 4th, 2015 in locations around the north side of Chicago.
The campaign began on December 15th, 2014 with eleven individual billboards scheduled for a 4-week cycle (although some are still up!), and continued the week of January 19th with three new designs featuring groups, including the Chicago Black Skeptics, five “senior” atheists, and five FFRFMCC Board members.
This newest campaign includes three couples, two physicians, a former minister, and a Secular Student Alliance president.