Author Archive: DRieger
The Freedom From Religion Foundation
Metropolitan Chicago Chapter (FFRFMCC) is the
Chicago chapter of the national Freedom From Religion
Foundation (FFRF), based in Madison, Wisconsin.
The purpose of the FFRFMCC is to:
- Protect the constitutional principle of separation of state and church
- Educate the public on matters relating to non-theism
- Act as a social organization for freethinkers to meet, gather and converse with other like-minded individuals
- Coordinate community service and charity work and create partnerships with secular-based charitable organizations/foundations
- Work to encourage atheists, agnostics and skeptics to be open about their non-belief
If you have any comments or suggestions, email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest.
Keep Current with FFRF
and FFRFMCC News
FFRF Co-President Dan Barker Coming to Chicago!
Chicago freethinkers will be treated to a visit from FFRF Co-President Dan Barker. Dan will be in town to promote his new book, “Life Driven Purpose: How an Atheist Finds Meaning.” Come and hear Dan speak at the Ethical Humanist Society of Chicago at 10:30am on Sunday, October 25th, 2015. For more information regarding Dan’s speaking engagement, please click here.
Then, immediately following his presentation at the EHS, the FFRFMCC will host a luncheon reception for Dan beginning at 12:30pm at The Bar Room in the downstairs level of Maggiano’s Little Italy at Old Orchard in Skokie.
Dan’s new book will be available for purchase and he will be on hand to autograph it for you!
Advance reservations for the luncheon will be required as seating will be limited. For more information and to purchase tickets, please click here.